Monday, January 28, 2008

Isn't It Ironic?

When Kyle was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes at 22 months, I cried so hard till I can't cry anymore. I was really devastated to the point that for months, I refused to give him shots. I can't accept the fact that his life is now dependent on insulin...needles...syringes...on lifetime insulin shots and finger pricking...that he must follow a strict diet... learn how to count carbs and read the nutrition facts on every package of foods/drinks that he's going to eat/drink...no sleep over...no sleep in...no spontaneity for he has to follow a schedule...of when and how much to eat,when not to eat, what not to eat. You have to watch him like a hawk to look for symptoms of hypoglycemia and you have to check his urine if he's spilling ketones in the event that his blood glucose shoots to the roof.


When I finally come to terms with his sickness, my only regret then was SANA MEDYO MALAKI NA SYA BAGO NAGKASAKIT AT LEAST MARAMI NG NATIKMANG PAGKAIN AT MASASABI NYA KUNG ANO NARARAMDAMAN NYA.


And now after almost four years, I've read about SULPHONYLUREA AND MONOGENIC DIABETES. I thought I stumbled on a gold mine! I thought, THIS IS IT! But then, as I keep on reading, the BIG disappointment...for you must be diagnosed within the first 6 months of life to be considered for genetic testing and there is only a small percentage of people who actually have "sleeping" insulin- producing cells and by taking Sulphonylurea these cells can be activated.


Ngayon alam nyo ba wish ko? SANA NA-DIAGNOSED NA LANG SYA NG MAS BATA PA AT BAKA SAKALING PWEDE SA KANYA ITO.


Nakakatawa ano?


At nakakalungkot din.


BUT


I am NOT giving up hope...for THE GREAT HEALER is with us...AMEN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay...sana nga.

Ang sipag mo yata mag post ngayon. Ilang days lang ako di nadalaw yata.

katrina said...

wala kasing magawa e...wala ng raket...kaya binubuhos sa blog.

salamat sa patuloy na pagdalaw manay ann!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm richelle at naligaw lang ako sa blog mo. Basta po nagbrobrowse lang ako. Tapos nabasa ko po yung tungkol sa anak po niyo na bunso. May gusto po sana ko ipaalam, may hope pa po na gumaling siya through pranic healing. Search niyo na lang po sa net kung ano yun.
Masasabi ko lang po ay totoo po siya. Bagong pranic healer pa lang po ako at mga simpleng sakit pa lang po nagagamot ko.
pwede niyo rin po panuorin itong video na ito sa youtube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahg6Ut1cyhA
God bless you po and your family. =)

Anonymous said...

Wala ka na palang tagboard. Musta na?