Monday, January 14, 2008

Scared to Death!

I received a call from Kyle's school nurse early Monday morning and it scared the daylights out of me! I almost fainted when she told me that my son's blood glucose was 534! AND spilling LARGE ketones!




I immediately drove to his school, changed the site of his insulin pump and gave him an additional 5 units of Humalog via shot at left thigh. At around noon, his blood sugar was down to 142 with small urine ketones. He was back in class after lunch break.




I went home at around 1:00 pm to shower and have some coffee. Then back to school at 2:15 to check on Kyle. By this time, his blood glucose was 169 and NEGATIVE ketones. What a day!AND what a way to start the week ha?




Life is a like a roller coaster ride...with ups and downs...fast and slow...you don't have any idea what will happen next. You thought that everything is okay then suddenly something goes wrong.
Okey lang ang problema....PERO WAG NAMAN LUNES NA LUNES AT WAG NAMAN GANYANG KLASE!




Kung pwede lang naman....

2 comments:

Cielo said...

As I go to sleep tonight, I will include Kyle in my prayers. I will ask the dear Lord to give u more strength and for Kyle to get well soon

katrina said...

cielo,

maraming salamat...napaluha naman ako e...